About Me

My photo
Hi! Wow I can't believe you honored my blog with your presence:P YOU'RE AWESOME! (Truly:D). ~First and most importantly Jesus is my ~hero♥~ & running at close second, I am an Aunty to FOUR adorable, awesome, precious girls, and ONE gorgeous boy, whom I adore :D....That's all there is to know about me...SRSLY :D

Thursday, April 15, 2010

...New Approch...

I decided that since I have a blog anyway and don't always have new crafty activities for teachers to post, I'm gonna really make it my 'own'... So be prepared to read about the rantings, ravings, and creations from ~just yOuR ordinary Hutterite girl~:)...
Ever since I can remember I have loved to do crafts and creative things and admired crafters. There's so many crafts I want to try, and so many I already do, and LOVE BTW (every last one of them)...Ehs sei banuh schu zu veil.... Obo ich gleichs su, that way I always have something to do and I can honestly say I can't even recall the last time I was bored:). I love love love to browse the internet for new creative things to try, from sewing to crocheting to scrap booking. I've tried all of these including macrame, card making, and I've been wanting to etch for a while but I have no idea when I'll have time to pursue that...Maybe next winter(A)...
Right now I'm in the process of making baby slippers with pattern from DIY Mommy (which of course I found while browsing), put my own twist into it and away I went:D. I can see my little nieces running around in them already! They're extremely easy to make! If you want the pattern just leave me a comment and I'll post the link or email it to you. Pattern PDF does not include the rabbit parts I made those myself :). Ich bi sufriden mit seh...With a little more practice veh seh perfect sei...Gneug geut voh baby gifts:). Did I mention I LOVE LOVE LOVE sewing♥!:)
Another project/craft I've done lately is crocheting cross book markers and angels. I made 12 cross book markers, 2 were trial runs, the others were gifts for our tauf group this year, and for my family. I really enjoyed making these and they def. helped make a long winter evening short. After I had my fill of these I started on this angel pattern that I had bought a while ago. Needless to say, my Mom has been a life saver, catching my errors and helping me figure out how to do things. (I'm so glad I can do something she did when she was my age)...To me that gives it all the more meaning...I still need to do more rounds on the skirt, the sleeves, the wings, the halo etc, but it should look something similar to the finished angel picture after I've completed it. (Just hope it turns out and is as beautiful! It's gonna be a birthday gift for a special family member:)...If I get it done on time...How does time mange to elude us...all the time...lol. Did I mention I love crocheting♥:)... But uploading pics to blogger isn't my idea of a good time...Ehs schpazich! There has to be an easier way that I'm missing out on! Any suggestions? :)

Ohhhhh Mothers day projects are in full swing over at school! They have so much potential and are turning out great! Yah I know we're quite a bit early, but I'm cooking next week so no time for preparing and stuff. Can't wait to share it with you! Gods blessings to you always! -Comments are always welcome!:)-

~♥Mel

4 comments:

Hand n Hand said...

The slippers are so CUTE!! and I'm sure the angel will be gorgeous. Way to go on all your projects!

Jachelle said...

I love the angel & as I've said before...I love the slippers too. Seh sei lieb. :)

Anonymous said...

Question from your corn starch clay project- after they made the scenes, did you bake them? Can you bake corn starch clay or should I use the flour/water/bake clay to bake them and have them last?
Thank you!

Only anonymous because it is 1:00 in the morning and I need to go back to bed so too tired to figure out how not to be anonymous- this is first time leaving a comment EVER! Thank you!

♥sMiLeAlwAys【ツ】 said...

Hi Anonymous! Sorry for taking so long to get back to you! The corn starch clay is an air dry clay. You just have to let it dry 'by air' for a couple of hours, and then you can paint it or whatever. It depends what you want to make with it, but this worked great with kids and was so easy to make, (and it was good enough for them to work with, so I believe it'll last) Hope this helps!